Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The professional CLEAN for all Vinyl / Plastic Dolls

I stopped in at a Local doll Hospital ( which i will feature very soon) and asked all about getting the doll skin to look its best and get clean and shiny. YEP- this is actually hand cleaner for mechanics!
It's a very light pumice and cream cleaner that leaves the plastic soft, clean and smelling GREAT!
Use a wet cloth, some water and a magic eraser when needed. Be careful not to get anything in the dolls eyes!











I only used water, a doll brush and some patience to clean up the dolls hair!

*Thanks to my Madame Alexander Dolls for being good volunteers and finding NEW girls to LOVE after i did this makeover! Hopefully, your new owners are treating you right!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful ! I had not heard this "tip" before. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any other suggestions to get the skin clean? I’ve tried everything - magic eraser, baking soda, random cleaners, and even the Gojo you recommended, and nothing is getting the stains off the legs of my daughter’s AG doll...that’s she’s had less than a month! Any other ideas would be welcome!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Acne medicine. Aplly and lay the doll in the sun. It takes time, but usually works.

      Delete
  3. Try using acne cream. It might take a couple of times though. Put the cream directly on the stain and let sit for a day or so. Some people use plastic wrap on the doll to keep the acne cream in place while it removes the stain. Don't get the cream in the doll eyes. You might need to use the cream more than once to remove stubborn stains. When the stain is gone,clean the area with soap and water. There are groups on FB that have helpful hints on doll care as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips. Nothing I tried worked, even the acne cream, so I sent it to the AG doll hospital. They couldn’t clean the legs either and ended up replacing them. The culprit appears to be dye stains from non-AG pants she put on the doll. Needless to say, those pants will not be worn by the doll again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the dye stains from clothes wash them all before wearing them to your doll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a problem I have a larg1e plastic doll at the time sshe was crust all over hair and fingers in mothball gunk I have cleaned and washed her hair numerous times I got all the moths ball gunk off of her but no matter what I do I can't get rid of odor for 2 years I have tried. Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you

    ReplyDelete